F1 Chat….

AVENGE

Who’s into F1? 

Great to see it more competitive this year but does anyone think Merc will come fighting back to claim the title again?

While we’re at it…….should Ricciardo have stayed at Red Bull? 

2021 RACE CALENDAR

Round Race Date Venue Grand Prix
1 28 March 2021 Sakhir Bahrain
2 18 April 2021 Imola Italy
3 2 May 2021 Portimão Portugal
4 9 May 2021 Barcelona Spain
5 23 May 2021 Monaco Monaco
6 6 June 2021 Baku Azerbaijan
7 20 June 2021 Paul Ricard France
8 27 June 2021 Styria Austria
9 4 July 2021 Spielberg Austria
10 18 July 2021 Silverstone United Kingdom
11 1 August 2021 Budapest Hungary
12 29 August 2021 Spa Belgium
13 5 September 2021 Zandvoort Netherlands
14 12 September 2021 Monza Italy
15 26 September 2021 Sochi Russia
16 3 October 2021 Istanbul Park Turkey
17 10 October 2021 Suzuka Japan
18 24 October 2021 Austin USA
19 31 October 2021 Mexico City Mexico
20 7 November 2021 Sao Paulo Brazil
21 TBC    
22 5 December 2021 Jeddah Saudi Arabia
23 12 December 2021 Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi

It's soooo fucking good to see Hamilton off his perch for a change. F1 really got boring in the post Redbull era.

I think Dan had to move to be honest, being second to Max would have been hell, same as the Mark Webber and Sebastien Vettel days. I have more respect for him helping a struggling team to return to some amount of glory; he did really well considering the rubbish car Renault put up for him. His days at McLaren so far have been disappointing but the weekends race really showed he still has a chance to be up there. 

That said.... How fucking awesome is Lando Norris?

spacer.png
brewstr - find coffee anywhere | twitch.tv - ashbrewstr

I believe Merc have been saying that they aren't developing as much this year and focusing on next year's rule change.

So I think they will be competitive but maybe not make huge strides.

I think Dan moving was the right thing to do. Max was clearly going to be given focus and it would have been like the old Vettel Webber days as said.

I think Dan will be faster next year once he gets some design input but it's hard watching him struggle while Lando has great pace. Seeing him recover to 7th the other night was good though.

That said Dan's main trick was braking super late and he hasn't has as much confidence in the brake pedal since he left RBR.

Melbourne GP was cancelled which I sort of expected since teams won't want to lockdown for 2 weeks.

Lando is a weapon!! I can’t wait to see what sort of competition next year brings, hopefully a lot closer racing and not just one team dominating from the lights out.

I hope next year McLaren can give Dan a car that brings back his late braking technique. Miss the old dive bombs! 

• Like 1

Seeing the younger guys have real pace makes me happy. Like Lando, Carlos, Charles, Max, George and Pierre all having good speed is so good.

If we can get a good mix of competitive cars it'll be so good to watch (the start of 2012 is the benchmark)

yeah no chance. 

race calendar for reference sake:

Round Race Date Venue Grand Prix
1 28 March 2021 Sakhir Bahrain
2 18 April 2021 Imola Italy
3 2 May 2021 Portimão Portugal
4 9 May 2021 Barcelona Spain
5 23 May 2021 Monaco Monaco
6 6 June 2021 Baku Azerbaijan
7 20 June 2021 Paul Ricard France
8 27 June 2021 Styria Austria
9 4 July 2021 Spielberg Austria
10 18 July 2021 Silverstone United Kingdom
11 1 August 2021 Budapest Hungary
12 29 August 2021 Spa Belgium
13 5 September 2021 Zandvoort Netherlands
14 12 September 2021 Monza Italy
15 26 September 2021 Sochi Russia
16 3 October 2021 Istanbul Park Turkey
17 10 October 2021 Suzuka Japan
18 24 October 2021 Austin USA
19 31 October 2021 Mexico City Mexico
20 7 November 2021 Sao Paulo Brazil
21 TBC    
22 5 December 2021 Jeddah Saudi Arabia
23 12 December 2021 Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Not wrong! 

Although Max is known to be overly aggressive. I’m sure he would have known Lewis was on his inside, prob thought he would have backed off a bit more.

Can’t wait to see what happens from now on. 

Now I've seen it all. I think it was a racing incident. Maybe a bit more blame to Lewis but nothing crazy.

They are both racing drivers and known to not give any more room than required. For example Japan 2014 I think. Lewis near puts Rosberg off track at T1.

Look at it this way. If the positions were reversed would Max have backed out of the move?

So I think the 10 second penalty was fair. More bummed that Leclerc had his engine dramas. He might have had just enough to hold on for the win if that didn't happen.

Hungary should be good.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So….seasons over, we have a new champion.. but what’s everyone’s thoughts on how the FIA/Michael Masi etc have handled everything over the last few months?

I personally think Masi’s sporadic decisions during the last few laps had massively gifted Max a race win and really took a bit of shine off of his maiden championship. 

On 12/13/2021 at 7:14 PM, AVENGE said:

So….seasons over, we have a new champion.. but what’s everyone’s thoughts on how the FIA/Michael Masi etc have handled everything over the last few months?

I personally think Masi’s sporadic decisions during the last few laps had massively gifted Max a race win and really took a bit of shine off of his maiden championship. 

Wins a win. But yep absolute ballbag. 

spacer.png