LJ Torana

Has a soarer motor now instead of a kingswood motor and double the llama thrusts.

Currently laid up whilst doing bearing on diff and the stock gearbox is having the metal filings poured out and replaced with more stronger bits.

Immediate future plans are dual fuel tune.  temp sensor for gearbag and getting fuel gauge working before drag challenge in November.

Long term. Address the rust, paint and interior.

Snapchat-1042325358.thumb.jpg.83c4567ea10cd3c17138729b4759c6d3.jpg

Basically what happened. As for times, haven't given it much thought. 11s will be cool if suspension cooperates. More in it for the fun weekend than the racing itself. Still running 225 55 15 tyres and not interested in trying to make bigger ones fit yet.

1 hour ago, AVENGE said:

Wondered if you still had this. Always loved it ?

Do yourself a favour. Go watch The Skid Factory and their work on it. Definitely informative.

1 hour ago, Panda said:

Basically what happened. As for times, haven't given it much thought. 11s will be cool if suspension cooperates. More in it for the fun weekend than the racing itself. Still running 225 55 15 tyres and not interested in trying to make bigger ones fit yet.

Yeah I feel the road trip with mates would be the best part. If I was more mechanically minded and less afraid of breaking something I'd have a crank in the VY.

Atm I'm likely to lunch the CV's or worse. It needs some more serious maintainance done.

Actually based on TSF you talked K24 before you went 1J. Was that a serious consideration? Or were you just looking for something away from the norm?

K24 was serious. Keep it unopened and turbo to 350hp with a TH350 behind it, they are the next 1UZ. Would of been a Quick, cool cruiser. 

But they are super tall and oil pump is in the front of the sump and it.would not of.fit ontop, behind or infront of crossmember without $5k of dry sump or having half the motor in the cab so had to ditch idea.

8 hours ago, Panda said:

K24 was serious. Keep it unopened and turbo to 350hp with a TH350 behind it, they are the next 1UZ. Would of been a Quick, cool cruiser. 

But they are super tall and oil pump is in the front of the sump and it.would not of.fit ontop, behind or infront of crossmember without $5k of dry sump or having half the motor in the cab so had to ditch idea.

Ahhhhh. Yeah if your going that far you'd be near building a track car since the weight distribution would be more ideal for that.

It's kind of funny how they are a cult modified engine like that. In standard form in my Accord it really isn't fast.

But I reckon if I could attach a turbo and even only go for like 240kw it would wildly amusing. And the fact that you could generally do it pretty simply is a major bonus.

Also your living the dream if you've got a hoist at home lol.