Xtreme Karting Pimpama possibly closed due to ongoing noise complaint case

Limit-R

So if appears that Xtreme Karting may have temporarily closed due to an ongoing noise complaint from a few local residents.

They have apparantly lodged an appeal which has been dismissed.

I love that track. I feel it's the best karying track in SEQ due to it's larger layout.

They haven't listed anything on their website and their Facebook page cites that they have only temporarily closed due to resealing the track.

There is obviously a fair bit of heresy on Facebook atm and more than a few people posting things on 1 persons Facebook profile which isn't the right way to go about trying to support the track.

Has anyone else ever been there? What have you heard?

• Limit-R changed the title to Xtreme Karting Pimpama possibly closed due to ongoing noise complaint case

Yep. Of all the Kart tracks in SEQ Xtreme is my favourite by far.

I love turn 6 (high speed left hander) as you can take it flat with the right approach. Gotta be committed though as if there are people going slower you can have a moment if your not careful.

22 minutes ago, Limit-R said:

Yep. Of all the Kart tracks in SEQ Xtreme is my favourite by far.

I love turn 6 (high speed left hander) as you can take it flat with the right approach. Gotta be committed though as if there are people going slower you can have a moment if your not careful.

from memory that corner is a bit dusty also? but getting a good run out of the first hairpin, into the next few corners and then making that big sweeping left hander is by far one of the most rewarding parts of that track. the last few corners before you get on the straight weren't really strong for me from memory, and the few races I did there I always lost position to people drafting behind me.

spacer.png
brewstr - find coffee anywhere | twitch.tv - ashbrewstr

On 7/16/2021 at 12:12 PM, AsterisK said:

from memory that corner is a bit dusty also? but getting a good run out of the first hairpin, into the next few corners and then making that big sweeping left hander is by far one of the most rewarding parts of that track. the last few corners before you get on the straight weren't really strong for me from memory, and the few races I did there I always lost position to people drafting behind me.

Have spun on that one before, had a mate right behind me and he had to bail onto the grass ??

So a development.

Someone on Facebook has posted that the track didn't have formal approval to actually be a karting track. And that they only had some approval for the rally track nearby.

And that's why they have been shut down.

Yep. At least 10. I'm not sure how true it all is.

I haven't gone looking for court documents or anything and I'm sure they are out there.

I've also read something about how the owner hasn't worried about getting their stuff sorted.

• Like 1